2011 APGA Conference

The 2011 APGA Conference, scheduled for June 21–25 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will be the place for us to spark a revolution in public gardens—to think differently and innovatively about how we cultivate not only our gardens, but our guests, staffs, donors, and communities.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Value

More Value. Whether it is the complete five-day experience or a single-day registration, this conference offers you more ways to create the conference experience you want within your budget.

Since I came to the U.S. from Republic of Korea (South Korea) in 2006, I’ve heard over and over how difficult a tough economy is for non-profit organizations, especially smaller gardens. Missing an APGA annual conference because of tight budget is not fun. Last year’s APGA Conference in Atlanta was my first. For me it was quite the American festival, with host garden events that included dancing and biking. If all conferences are like that, I don’t want to miss any.

Bill Thomas, Executive Director at Chanticleer, enjoys one of the 2010 APGA Conference dinner at Atlanta Botanical Garden (photo by Kate Baltzell)


Well, here’s good news. Each day at the 2011 Revolutionary APGA Conference in Philadelphia is full of adventure. By choosing one-day Conference registration for $199 (early-bird fee), you get sessions, in-conference meals, garden tours, networking opportunities, ideas, friends and MORE. Grace Chapman of the Landscape Arboretum of Temple University Ambler says, "Personally, I'm happy that I can send each of my horticulture staff members to one or two days of the conference. I think APGA is an important networking opportunity for them, but coming from a small garden, my budget wouldn't have allowed me to send them for the whole conference."

Dr. Michael Dirr shows his nursery at last year's APGA Conference (photo by Dongah Shin)


The Revolutionary Conference registration brochure is now available, and descriptions of every program look amazing. I am sure whichever date(s) you choose, it will be MORE than worth it.


Posted by Dongah Shin, Longwood Graduate Fellow Class of 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment